Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Still no bunny at home …

I am still rather mystified about Mr Gold Lindt Bunny’s disappearance but also 99.9% sure I haven’t sleep walked to the kitchen for a spot of midnight feasting. Chocolate can last for a while once opened can’t it??? … unless consumed of course, so here’s hoping I may still stumble upon it in the near future.

Yep, been a bit slack about posting over the last fortnight so thought I’d share a couple of sewing projects from the last few months. I got the camera and tripod out over the weekend just when the light decided to fade as the weather turned sour but took the pix anyway. Then tried to post but found that Blogger was not working so here I am … just a few more days on!

Kiss
This was made up from a test pattern for the ‘Kiss’ purse from Nicole Mallalieu Design and with its 200mm chunky frame is a very handy size for an evening or lunch date outing (I’ve used it for both). It is available in either a kit that includes everything you need (apart from your fabric) or pattern only.


This cute Kiss was fun to make (aren’t they all?!). I used quilting cotton for the outside and cotton backed satin for the inside. As I’m a bit partial to a lovely, satiny smooth lining I found this flocked back satin (at Spotlight) is a little easier to manage than a lot of the usual slippery fabrics because it doesn’t fray quite as much. The purse feet on the bottom (see first photo) are also a very handy feature because they protect it from getting dirty. 

Go on, you know you’d love a Kiss

This next one was a very quick ‘sew because I need something for Derby Day’ purse using Nikki’s Clutch pattern (Nicole Mallalieu Design). 

Clutch - without gusset


It is the simpler, without a gusset variation with a wrist strap which is actually tucked into the purse for the photo. The flap uses black lace (leftover from a leotard I made for Hayley) overlaid onto cream satin and the black fabric was leftover from a bow tie I made.
You could say 2010 Derby Day was also ‘Happy Husband Day’ – purse (made by me from leftover fabrics), dress, shoes and fascinator (worn before)!




1 comment:

Nikki said...

Lovely to see you and your purses back in this space. I love the thrifty Derby Day clutch purse... great use of leftovers!

Locations of Site Visitors

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP