Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

'New kid on the block'

Here she is … a glamorous little number that will definitely be accompanying me either out to dinner or to the ballet next time I go … or … most probably both!
I really enjoyed making this purse and testing the newest pattern from Nicole Mallalieu Design (which will be available very soon). This is the gathered overlay version with a rouleaux handle that has a little loop feature where it attaches to the purse frame.

The overlay fabric is from Rathdowne Fabrics … and is actually a remnant originally used for making men’s ties. And the lining was from Nikki's 'free to a good home' basket of goodies.

I used medium weight wadding for the purse body which gave it just the right structure so that it's able to either stand up on its own or still be soft enough to flatten out if that’s the shape you prefer.There's an option in the pattern to include a base too but with this fabric/wadding combination the purse didn't need it.

Pinning the purse to the frame helped to make sure the purse was centered and that it stayed there while I sewed on the seed beads (oh, and if I'm being completely honest ... I really just wanted to see what it was going to look like)!

If you would like the opportunity to win a copy of the pattern when it is released head on over to Nikki's You SEW, girl! blog.


Edited to add - It's official ... she's called the 200mm 'Glam' purse! and is available in a kit or pattern only from Nicole Mallalieu Design.






3 comments:

Nikki said...

I really do love this fabric/bead/frame combination, Adele. Many thanks for taking the time to test and blog it.

CurlyPops said...

Whoops... just realised that sewing the frame was on my to do list this weekend, and I didn't get around to it!

Naomi said...

This is a gorgeous looking purse Adele

Locations of Site Visitors

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP